Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Slumbering Feelings

And so I have 2 company events to go to. One is a wineries tour of Niagara, and the other one is the annual company Christmas party. Both of them have the added line with either a) your significant other or close friend or b) a guest. Both of which imply a girlfriend of some kind.

Now, there are nobody that I would even consider bringing to such an event. For me, it would be taboo to bring "just a friend" to such an event. I wouldn't know what to do. My friends keep telling me just to bring someone, "just as a friend", but I doubt I can handle that. To me, these things are not what you would bring friends to. These are 'events' in my opinion. Rather than bringing anyone "just as a friend" I think it would just be better to go alone. Which is exactly what I plan to do. To go alone.

The courage to go alone and to come back alone. Maybe being comfortable with loneliness is real courage.

Nah...that's just an excuse. But the fact remains I can't bring a friend to gatherings like these. I just think too much. It is not possible.

No comments: