Friday, March 09, 2007

Sick

Haven't updated in a week, but that's because I've been sick and not because I didn't want to post. On Tuesday, I was barely alive and Wednesday, I was getting better. Today, I'm almost recovered. Except I was overly smart for my own good and thought warm liquids will help me hydrate faster. The problem? Well, I still have the premium stash of tea that Ammon gave me 2 years ago, and decided to brew some good shit.

Tea is not a hydration liquid. It dehydrates you. Probably because of the caffeine. It did stop my coughing...until I stopped drinking the tea. On the plus side, the tea tasted excellent. I drank a liter of tea before I felt my throat getting worse. This made my drinking of at least 6 liters of water a day for Tuesday and Wednesday futile.

Now, with my cranberry juice that my sister brought, things are looking up. I keep only sleeping at odd hours though. And I'm afraid I keep Takako up all the time because of my coughing. The only time I found to be a relief from coughing was to turn the bathroom into a small steam room and steam the room so I could breathe. Face it, heating units in suites are like dehumidifiers. They suck out all the moisture and make breathing difficult.

I'm getting a Microsoft interview down in Seattle. Problem: I need to review my coding skills. Solution: I've been provided with excellent resources. I see no future problems, but I must make sure I learn the stuff correctly.

So, what happened when I was sick. I lacked motivation to play games as I was really sick. I did get my passport on Tuesday and also stopped by Chapters. Read Kare Kano volume 21 there. It was the end, and while it seems a bit weak for an ending, at least the loose ends are tied up. I also bought Neil Strauss' "The Game" there. Very interesting book. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday reading this book. Then I spent today watching Keys to the VIP: A professional league for players. So what I learned is that there is a procedure to all this, and rationale behind it! Or at least, there's always a ton of theorycraft. But it helps in adjusting my model of human behavior. Seems like an interesting skill set to pick up. I've been exposed to the seduction community before, when a friend sent me a beginner's guide for AFCs, but the book is clearly written and very engaging. If nothing else, I find that it's already helped me understand a bit more about humans in general. Maybe I should look into NLP books.

But on the other hand, as much as I like the theory behind attraction and the game, I like it because of its competitive nature. Not because it will get me laid or numbers. I think I'd prefer a girl that's like Sam in Garden State. But Large only met her through chance. So I have to either pick up girls not at clubs or hope that I'm really really lucky. Both of which may happen, but with the latter option almost being negligible.

Other news...let's see. Got my eye exam today. No major problems, which is good. I'm going for my contact lens appointment on Tuesday. So I'm getting contacts. Whoopee for me.

Oh yeah, one other thing. My dreams for the past two days have been really weird. Involves me being an assassin and basically I'm in fear for my life. The scary thing is that they're linked. I've forgotten what the first dream was really about. Tonight dream was about something like they wanted to team up with me and I refused. Now I act as the obstacle for those two towards their cornering of an industry. It was drugs, I think. Anyways, I help the last piece of the puzzle for them, so they were hunting me down with no regard to cost.

Anyways, time to go and try to sleep. Until we meet again, my Valkyrie.

No comments: