Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ahh snow....

It just started snowing again.

I love the atmosphere of snow. It's so quiet and muffling. The world recedes away as it is blanketed with a cleansing whiteness. It is as if the world was made for the two of us. The streetlight shines in the darkness; its beams reveal the diamond dust as it douses the path ahead of us. Our footsteps makes no noise as it records our passing in the virgin snow. The road ahead of us lays untouched for a while, as we pause here, and look at the world we created around us.

A snowflake drifts quietly by. Its whiteness is the color of purity, as it gently lays its soft chill amongst the warmth of your skin. It melts, and the crystal glistens as it falls from your cheeks like a diamond drop. The flushed look on your face is quite becoming, my dear. As we stand here, underneath the streetlight, the world disappears. You look so lovely, in your white wool coat, my Snow Queen. I drop to one knee, as my long coat is speckled with white, I hold out a white box. All I have is one question.
====================================================
Anyways, I don't know why I wrote that, but it was something to write. I wanted to include a picture with it, but the picture i had in mind was a movie poster I made in grade 12 that fit this theme quite well. But I can't find it. I believe it may be on my old computer. That is what I hate most about computers. The lack of continuity. My computer, for me, substitute as a time capsule and allow me to keep all sorts of memories stuck into little corners. However, when a computer fails or the hard drive corrupts, I lose my memory and I feel sad. I've read that couples share a memory like this, and when couples break up, this is the major pain in their lives. It's because they lose that collective memory that causes so much hurt to a person. After all, what is a person's life but a set of memories?

I've nearly finished Wikinomics, and I've been tackling a few other books. However, I don't know when I'll finish them. They're useful, but I'm losing interest again. What else do I have to write? Well, I think I'll start writing again on random thoughts. I haven't done that for a while. I had a decent chain of thought going, but I forgot it as I was walking back from the supermarket. I don't know what to do nowadays, but time isn't on my side unfortunately. I think I'll go to Big Think more often. Need to actually try it first, but it poses to be interesting and a very good time waster.

Winterlicious is next week. That shall pose to be fun. I guess I'll write later. Dang, but I love falling snow days. It's so beautiful.

Till I see you in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

No comments: