Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You think about the most surprising stuff...

when you're lying in bed. Nothing to distract you. Nothing but the quiet hum of your personal computer (if it is in your bedroom like mine). Total tranquility.

Somehow my mind wandered onto routines and the demonstration of social worth. Couple that with some of the books I've been reading, and somehow this came about.

The Princess Routine
===============

See, everyone loves to feel special. What's more special to a girl than feeling like a princess in Western society? There's two ways for this, to act as the knight or to act as the prince. The knight is the loyal protector, and is basically the nice guy persona. The prince is the frivolous high social standing bad boy.

So start off with a time-limited opener, like "My friend and I were having a discussion and maybe you ladies could enlighten us on the answer. If you were a princess, would you rather be protected by a loyal knight, or a playboy prince?" Then somehow suggest that the target is the princess and ask whether they want to play the princess game for a while (because you have to get back to your friends). If she agrees, suggest that you guys grab a drink (or something) and maybe dance. If she ever asks which one are you, just answer the question with a question. Leave after a quick while (maybe 5 minutes), and say "the magic is over...unless..." etc etc.
===================================

Somehow, this is all theorycraft, but it may work out. Who knows. I don't think I'll try it though, unless I'm in a club and have nothing else to do. But here it is, what my brain thinks up sometimes.

I think I treat encounters like that as an abstract game. It seems more real to me that way somehow.

I also learned that I'm very good with spot analysis, but am worth absolute shit for longterm planning. Somehow, that does not bode well. For example, I can think of the best move at any given point in a chess game, but I can't play beginning or endgame that well. I'm much better with short term goals than long term goals. Which puts my life in jeopardy apparently.

Until I see you in my dreams, my dear Valkyrie.

No comments: