Sunday, January 20, 2008

On memory

Dreams are so hard to catch. You can either write it down as soon as you wake up, or have it lost forever, only to pop up in unknown moments as a strange sense of deja vu.

Today's dream was a bit out of character. First off, I'm traveling alone, when I meet this old acquaintance of mine at a dam. She and her sister was traveling to see the sights as well. This dam is world famous and has a naval base built right next to it. The only way to get into the naval base is to get across the dam, which is heavily guarded.

I was taking pictures with my point and shoot and all of a sudden, a storm appeared. The girls went inside the observatory, which was safe from the huge tropical storm. I went out to take pictures instead. I was being careful and took some decent shots, before I went back inside. It was then I met this old guy that seemed to be a fellow photographer. Gave me some advice about taking photos of birds flying through the pictures (eagles actually), and left.

Met up with the girls again and explored the observatory. Somehow, we ended up at a place where you can see the naval base. I reached behind the safety screen around it and my camera did something strange. When I made it to pre-focus on an area, it would blink and then give a wireframe outline of the building along with a map of some sort, as if I doused the entire area with x-ray radiation and I could see the corridors and such.

Then the old man appeared and told me about how there was going to be trouble, and the whole place erupted. It seems like we were at war and somehow I could stop them. I was given a weapon of some sort, which was like a nail gun and fired it into the enemy. However, it was given only to the person who can use it. It gave a semi-religious intonation to the weapon. Somehow, a kid took the second 'sacred' weapon and tried it for himself. While he couldn't accurately fire it, he did use it to drive off some enemies. Somehow, he ended up to my campsite and I was firing these akimbo. It was weird, because the guns had almost no recoil and the top of one was a hammer, while the other one was a screwdriver. The screwdriver one was more powerful actually and the one that the kid gave me.

There was more, but I had since forgotten about it. It was a struggle to open my eyes, as if I knew it would make the dream go away.

Until I see you in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

No comments: