Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Project status

Seventeen days since my last post. Jobs been taking a turn, as I have to really understand what I'm doing now. I'm not sure how it is progressing. Our open position has been cut, as well as our PEY.

Life has been fairly normal. Nothing out of the extraordinary has happened. Been coming home late though, and tired. I'm not as young as I used to be, and I probably shouldn't try what I used to do in university.

Went shopping for clothes the other day. Bought some stuff. It was a fcuk warehouse sale. Can't say everything fit or look good on me, but I did get a pair of jeans. I haven't worn jeans for half a decade.

Been thinking of reorganizing my living room. I thought about adding a bookshelf. Hopefully, after all this is done, I can invite people over. I keep putting it off though.

The project is going good. Except that I don't sleep as early as I should. Overall, I think my new haircut looks okay. Not the best, but it kind of suits me. I have to start throwing out garbage though. Been too much of that recently. Lots of dreams too. Kind of scary and exhilarating at the same time. Very interesting. And of course, there's always her. But like xkcd says..."wanting something doesn't make it real."


Somehow, seeing how some of my former peers eclipsing me in achievements and going on to prestigious schools make me sad. Why deidn't I ever do anything like that? I do realize that I don't have the temperament and passion suited for research. I am still looking for that passion.

As for girls, no one interests me yet. I think that once you do meet a girl and get focused on her, its almost if you're willing to sacrifice the other parts of your life from excellence to mediocrity just so that you can be number 1 with her. I don't know if I could sacrifice myself that way. But I do realize I should try it first before I knock it.

I'm going to write a series of essays that will just be my own personal reflections on life. I can't write about stuff I don't know after all. So all I have is my theories on various parts of life and try to mesh it into one coherent whole. I will release it when I am done.

Sorry to disappoint you Lisha, but my life still seems to be standing still. Unfortunately.

Till I see you in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're going to be in TO when i'm home, right? we need to do sushi and have one of our talks.

miss you!!!