Monday, April 03, 2006

Another 6 days

Well....

I haven't been productive at all. While others are busily studying....I have been distracted by WC3/DOTA way too many times. Add that to trying to figure out why our FYDP is so simple in some respects and way too difficult in others is also time consuming. Add to the growing confusion of what resources we can get....well, it's hard to figure out.

But its all good now. Now that I have gotten it out of my system, I have been hard at work trying to understand topics in general. Today, I have studied everything past midterm for 380 and done all the homework except for 2 assignments. This is good. I also found out that my first exam is on the 6th and not the 4th like I originally thought. Score!

Tomorrow, I will recommence studying earlier. This time for 332. Or 362. I don't know which yet. 362 will definately be a killer as I don't understand a thing. Maybe I should read the notes over for once.
==================================================================
Non-academic topics.

Went to the bomber again this past wednesday. It was the last bomber of our 3rd year (and actually, only our 3rd time there).

Let's narrate in Chronological Order.

Well, we started the day with the plan to meet at 5:00 in the SLC. However, given that was the last day of class and skipped 380 (since I never liked the class) to find exams in engsoc office, it was hard to keep track of people. It wasn't till 4:30 that I could get into contact with some of them. Colleen at this point had already called me 3 times, and me, being the person that forgets to turn off silent mode after class, clearly misses the calls. So meanwhile, I noticed the calls after I get to SLC, and called her back. Turns out she missed the first shuttle from CLV and will be late. Called her back telling her that everyone else was late too. At this point, I use the computers at the SLC. The one I was using was so slow, I couldn't even log myself out. Yes, during this time, I was so bored, I was determined to do a Sudoku puzzle from the Imprint. Being the logical person I am, I thought it should be a breeze. It wasn't. I was still doing it when Colleen got there. Now, I'm a pretty obsessive-compulsive guy...kinda anyways...and once I get to doing something, I do it regardless of what else I'm doing. Now, we still didn't know where the rest of the gang was, so we wandered towards UWPlace. This was because all of the gang lived there and it would be easier to find people. Because David had call me once, he was the first target.

So Colleen and I were walking towards UWPlace and she was making fun of me how I was still doing that sudoku puzzle while walking. This is no challenge from me, as I used to read novels while walking, and a tiny scrap puzzle would not be hard. Now, don't think of it as rudeness as I was walking along with a girl and didn't engage in conversation. I'm just very good at multitasking, a bit weird, and obsessive-compulsive. Bah. Even as I write that, it doesn't sound like a very good excuse. But meh. I'm me.

So we went to David's place, only to buzz on the intercom and be told by Jack he went out. Jack told us he was at Darren's already, so we went to Darren's in a very short while. David was ready to go as soon as we got there and because no one else wanted to eat, we decided to go.

As par the usual circumstance, we had trouble of where to eat. We asked Colleen where she wanted to eat because she was the one that had least contact with the plaza so we'd like her to try new things. In the end, we settled on the Taiwanese place (again) because she's been there once (only), and the fact that there really wasn't that many good spots in the plaza.

While we were sitting down, waiting for our food, Kenny and Jian showed up. I was still working on the Sudoku puzzle. David suggested that I let Colleen help me finish it. I was really hesitant to this because Sudoku is something you do on your own. Not doing/finishing it on your own ruins the whole experience. He brought up the whole looking stupid thing again. I let Colleen look at it and she comments on one thing I missed. Meanwhile, Ammon got a hold of David and he was coming to eat with us. Lan and Vicky was called and were told we were at the Taiwanese place. We ordered the vegetarian combo for them ahead of time (with Vicky's to go since she had East Asian Studies to go to). Then, Carmen, Colleen's CLV roommate in Kinesology, called her to ask if she could hang with us. So this gathering became big. So meanwhile, we ate dinner and talked. I was still doing that Sudoku puzzle. After a while, I got bored of people commenting on it while I was working on it so I ripped it into little pieces. We ate pretty quickly and then we left for Darren's, going for a little 'pre-drinking'. Lan went home to 'change' (which means apparently one hour of changing clothes, putting on makeup...etc. Seriously, how come it takes 1 hour? I'll never understand girls.)

At Darren's place, Darren calls us. It was 7 and we were at his place doing a bit of predrinking, so we told him to come back. Since Lan wasn't there, and the fact there was no juice I could use, I made a Kaluha milkshake. I mixed the proportions by eye, until I forget that there was no ice in the shake. After putting ice in it again, only a few people tried some, Kenny, David, Colleen and I. This was because I only made 4 servings. Carmen left at this point to be with her friends. After that, Darren, David and I took some shots of Soho, mainly because there was no juice to mix with it. Then another shot of Soho. Then another shot of Tequila. After that, Darren and David, still feeling that it was not enough, got another shot of Tequila. I stopped. After all, I might having to take these guys home and the fact that Colleen might have to be walked home (since she lives all the way at CLV). Anyways, we leave for SLC. Jian was scared of the crowds and drinking and went home instead. The gang at this point consisted of David, Colleen, Darren, Kenny, Ammon, and I.

It was packed. I mean absolutely packed. The line stretched from the front of the bomber all the way to the back of the door, where Tim Hortons was. We got there at 7:45 and it was already halfway to the door. Good thing, our good friends Darrick and Catherine were already there since their friends drove them there. At that point, we had approximately 30 people in front of us. Ammon and Kenny left, after their conscience will not let them join us with Catherine and Darrick. So we wait. And wait. And wait. David called Lan and told her to come "NOW" since the line was so long. She said that Lisa and her will arrive shortly. At around 8:15, Roma and Vani showed up and they had to hop a small fence to join us. And we wait. and around 8:25, they let Colleen in, mainly because she had an out-of-province ID (more like out-of-country passport). At 8:30, Lan and Lisa showed up. At first, they tried to hop the fence. Lisa went first, and fell back over. The guards saw and shook their head. Knowing they didn't have another chance at getting in, I was standing in front of them as a sight shield and as soon as the female guard that was looking this way went inside for a bit, they tried to hop the fence...this time Lan first. This was successful and they joined our line. Soon, at around 8:45, they let 10 people in and I was somehow there. It took another 10 minutes before the gang was inside.

What follows after will have to wait another day. This post is long enough and it is 4:34 am. Stupid Daylight Savings Time.

=============================================================

As to other topics...I have no opinion. I don't know what to do. I do best at things I can copy, imitate or have done before. But how do I start something that I have never done before? And another thing, I think that I may have thought too long and hard about it that I just don't care anymore. It's cool if it's successful, but it's not the end of the world if it's not.

I guess in a sense, everyone wants to find that special someone out there. But to what purpose? No matter what, you are still an individual. Love is not the merging of two people into one. Not even the merging of the feelings of two people into one.Perception is what shapes us and there is no way for you to share your perception with someone else. Language is a very ineffective and inexact way for us to share perception. Unless we have virtual reality that's capable of sharing the exact information in neurons to two different people, that perception will never be the same. Yet, love is still being experience now in the world. So is love just a meeting of similar minds, perception and physical components? Or is it something that's supposed to transcend everything? Heh. This is way too deep for me to consider right now considering I have no such experience. And the fact its 4:30 in the morning. I doubt anyone near my age has experienced something like that. Although, after watching "A Walk to Remember", it might be untrue. Some people may have experience love even when they were younger then me. Maybe I'm just sheltered. And yes, I know "A Walk to Remember" is a chick flick, but it appeals to my sentimental side. And yes, I'm still idealistic in this area. Probably because I still haven't experienced it. =P

Oh, and I just read all of ElGoonishShive. Another interesting webcomic with at least 2 of the main characters hooking up. I don't know why I like it when there's at least some of the main characters hooking up. It's like an unexpected bonus? Or maybe it's because love is supposedly a main theme of our lives?

Oh, and I read somewhere that while most western society and culture favor passionate love (such as physical intimacy), eastern society and culture favor compassionate love (such as emotional and intellectual intimacy). I kind of wonder how Asian people in western societies fare. Do they prefer the former or the latter? Oh, yes, I found this off of wikipedia. Yes, I'm addicted to reading random articles. They're interesting.

My question of the day is then, what exactly do we desire most in the world?

And to that, I sleep. A good night to all and to all a good night.

No comments: