Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Time Lapse

Well, I've screwed up my sleeping schedule again. Now I've been sleeping at around 11am and then waking up at 7pm. The problem is, I've become majorly unproductive. Just reading the textbook is taking me more time with all the distractions of the computer. It doesn't help that there are no questions for this course. There are no sample exams and not nearly enough questions. All there remains is to read and understand the material. But I can't learn just by reading. It's not my nature. I have to do problems in order to see the pattern in the material. Why is this making me so useless....

Anyways, we're pretty much stuck on our FYDP. So screwed. Going to have to ask Texas Instruments if they have the stuff that we need. If not, I have no clue what we're going to do. I hate problems. They're messy and unplanned for. Well, big problems anyways. Small problems gives a meaning to life.

I realized that when I go back to TO for my five days of break that everyone else would be in a panic-study mode. Dang. So that means that I'd probably be doing nothing but spending my time at home. Oh well... maybe I can go downtown or something and play around a bit. That reminds me, I have to get a letter for Needles Hall. Have to dig out RESP again. I'm broke...stupid double term. Six thousand for the term. Sigh.

On the plus side, I've made some food that I enjoy eating. First off is chicken broth rice made in the style of a risotto. I have no clue if I made it right, but it still tasted pretty damn good. To accompany it, I made pork chops with a crispy flour shell that tasted a bit like KFC. The meat tasted like the soy sauce I brined it in though. A mixed success. I also made my baked bacon, which accompanied the egg omelettes I made using a mix of flavoured bacon mayo. It tasted pretty good too. I'm especially proud that I got the damn technique of rolling the omelette down. Took me a couple of tries (like a couple of days of eating eggs), but I think I got it. My last dish, just made today, was calamari fritti. Or fried squid. Not as good as restaurants, I think my batter mix sucked. I don't have cayenne pepper for one, and the pot I used to fry it in wasn't the best. Nevertheless, the results were pretty good. At least I can stomach it =). Mmm...oh yeah, did I tell you I made these like 4am in the morning. My schedule is mixed up I tell you! Oh well, hopefully that fire alarm didn't wake too many people up. I'm just glad that my suitemates already went back home. Oh well... =)

Well, back to reading communications and stop procrastinating. It is the last barrier before heading off to fourth year. And then one more year to decide what to do with the rest of my life. Fun.

Sigh.

No comments: