Tuesday, April 04, 2006

These are my breaks

Woo...after yesterday's marathon run over 380, today's 332 marathon was not as successful. After finishing only 2 problem sets in 11 hours, this has not bee too productive. Granted, I did take a 3 hour nap in between and eat for 2 hours. But the fact remains it remains slow progress. I need those breaks, or my sanity will crack.
==============================================
And we continue the epic. Why do I document so much? Because my memory is faulty to a degree. I'll forget all about this in a week. Sigh.

So once we were inside, I quickly located Colleen, who had been inside longer than we have by around 10 minutes. We ditched our coats and by this time, Darren, Roma, Vani made it in. After a few more minutes (3 minutes. that's what a few means after all) David came in. The gang was mostly reassembled. Darrick and Catherine went to sit with Catherine's friends(her chem eng class I think?). We saw Junette and Chris sitting at a table. They were sitting with the ASIC group and they had sat there for approximately 4 hours before we got there. Apparently they came at 9. We also saw Janet who was supposed to come with us, only I messed up the time and she got in with no line at 7 oclock. She was sitting with a bunch of friends so she wasn't too disappointed.

We ordered two pitchers of Keith's. Sigh. No matter what, most beer taste like horse piss to me. The lighter beer is like water, and most of the darker beers have off-tastes. Keith's didn't taste that good for some reason. The only table we found had one chair and was meant for 2 people. We hover over there for a while until we decided it would be much better to sit outside. We cleaned off a table and brought chairs over. So after drinking a few beers, Colleen complained of the cold and went inside to get her coat. David, being a woman, also couldn't stand the cold and went in to grab his. Janet came out and decided to chat with us. The gist of the conversation went like this (or at least the memorable parts).

Janet: White guys are cheap and selfish. Asian guys are nice and kind, but they're losers.
Us: No comment.

Well, what can we really say about that? Of course, later, we realised that she only talked about two ethnic groups. Oh well. So we decided to talk some more, and meanwhile I would go in and out and see what's up. Darren went in to get some fries, which we brought outside. Roma and Vani was going around with their partying friends. Somehow, after our two pitchers were done, people complained about the cold and so we went inside.

Once inside, we met back up with Lan and Lisa, who refused to go outside into the cold. David, being the alcoholic that he is, went to get some shots for us. He got 4 shots of Polar Bear which was given to me, Darren, Colleen and himself. After taking the shot, we went out to the dance floor. As David commented, Colleen got really into it. I don't get what the deal is with dancing and girls, but girls really like dancing. I have yet to understand the reason behind this. Needs more observation.

So after dancing (because it is tiring) we kinda went towards the tables. Since at this time, the ASIC group went to the dance floor, there were several chairs free. Junette had gone to the dance floor, but Chris did not go. So Darren and I sat down and talked to Chris for a while. Then 3 girls (who I assume are friends of his or Junette), tried to get him to the dance floor, but he just kept refusing them. Sigh. Anyways, at this point, Francis spotted me and he said he was surprised to see me there. Apparently, he just couldn't imagine me being at the last bomber of the term (pretty much. No one is going to go before exams) because his brother wouldn't. Tried to defend Edmund by saying that I did hear he does go out and he does get drunk sometimes. Francis counters that Edmund is probably a cheap drunk. Who knows? I've yet to go out drinking with Edmund.

At this point, we just randomly went inside and outside and the dance floor. Lan and Lisa went back to the dance floor with Darren. David and Colleen soon followed after. I saw Simon (my friend from NDI last term) and chatted for a bit. He was pretty drunk. Saw Manny talking to Lan. Went over and talked to him for a bit. Although neither of us really remembers each other.

At this point, it was pretty late. We just danced for a pretty long time. Until around 12 oclock when we just sat down and wander around to talk to people again. Talked to Janet for a while. And remembering her comments about the ethnicity of guys, I decided to ask her about hispanic guys, like Darrick. Her response was "Darrick who?".

Later, I saw Catherine and Darrick again. This time they were sitting down, after a bout of dancing on the dance floor I assume. He apparently won a Molson T-shirt. They were about to leave. So I decided to go back out to the dance floor and waste some more time. At around 1, when most people were about to go, Colleen needed to find her roommate to leave, since it was around 1. Being the tracker that I am, found her while the rest of them couldn't. Lan, Lisa, Darren and David were getting one last shot. They only got 5 shots. I gave mine to Colleen, mainly because it was a Melonball. I hate the artificial taste of melons. After the shot, Colleen left with her roommate. Lisa, Darren and David wanted to leave, so they left. I was supposed to look after Lan. Lan was talking to Karima(was it Kharima or Karima. I forget), and I really didn't want to be there. I was getting kind of sleepy. So Lan told me to go and that she wasn't that badly off. So I went home at around 1:30. And thus concludes our chapter.

I may have forgotten several details. I don't remember.

Anyways, here's some photos.














Darren dressed in his jacket after just getting into bomber and then outside again.















Colleen and I having a drink.














David posing with his beer. That alcoholic.















Darren and Colleen inside Bomber. Sorry, my camera wasn't fully charged and I couldn't use the flash as much as I wanted to.















Colleen feeling her face. Claims that it felt hot. Flushed would probably be the more correct term. Meh, be like Darren and blame it on genetics.















Darrick and Catherine. Sorry for the blurry picture. I'm going to blame my lack of flash and my lack of steady hands (not from the alcohol. I just have unsteady hands).
=======================================================

Hope you guys enjoyed those photos. It's the first time I did photos on any of my blogs besides that firetruck photo.

Anyways, I should get back to studying for another bit to prepare for tomorrow's review session again.

Today's question is: How do we know we are truly happy? After all, the person you can lie the most adeptly to is yourself.

A good night to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Jason Yu said...

Thanks for the photos! It was great to see some of you again. Good luck on your exams ;)