Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hmm...101.

Would one say I'm an adult? What defines a person as an adult and a child? Is it age? No. I've seen adults that can be considered as children and children that could be considered as adults. Is it knowledge? Yet you have ignorant petty jackasses that would probably be more suited to preschool than working at a workplace and you have children that are geniuses still in school. No, it is responsibility and power that defines adulthood.

Now, would you say I'm an adult? No. I am more knowledgable than most 'adults' nowadays. The power I wield however, is still miniscule. My responsibility is also low. Am I adult enough to be in a relationship? Maybe a high-school level relationship, where nothing ever happens except spend time together. Maybe. I can manage that. But beyond that? I don't have the confidence, power (money and a car), responsibility (credibility), to pull it off. After all, past university, most people enter relationshipss expecting something of it. I am probably no different. One of my problems with relationships stem from the fact that in high school, it doesn't go anywhere really. As well, not having a car really limits your option of doing anything.

People usually start a relationship by bringing something to the table. Whether it is transportation ("I have a car, worship me.") or money ("I'm rich.") or power ("I know of a great place downtown."), each side brings something to the table. I have to say that I don't have much besides loyalty. Unfortunately, shopping with just loyalty is not easy. I guess I need to get something else to bring to the table. The problem is what. And also, why is my timing always so bad? I bet someone (any sentient being) has something against me and basically said "Well, let's dangle all these attractive girls in front of him, and have them all be in relationships by the time he's interested in them." That, or I just really really have bad luck in this area. Anything can happen I guess.

Had a really interesting dream last night. It involved some type of factory, robbers, a car, a car elevator, a gun, me shooting those 4 robbers dead, a mechanical malfunction of the factory involving water and me trying to close a valve underwater to save the factory and trying to escape from the rest of the robber gang. It was definately interesting, althought I have forgotten most of it. Too bad. Till next time, my Valkyrie.

No comments: