Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day folks!

I'm back home and just lounging around. It will probably be the last time I'll get to do so because of our fourth year design project as well as various other projects. And then its back to exams.

So I signed off the ottawa job because I have a chance at getting the Algorithms job and as a bonus, its in LA. I really want that job now. Other than that, nothing really special in the job/work department.

Nothing much going on in my personal life either, and I don't plan for anything to happen in the next little while. After all, my philosophy on this has changed to a fatalistic approach where you can try all you want, but it just won't happen if the girl doesn't choose you. You can be half-decent in academics, work, or any other part of your life, but you have to be number one with the girl in order to even approach success. And thus, I think that anything of that sort is beyond my abilities or my motivation right now. Hopefully, fate or luck throws me a bone and life progresses it further, but I'm not holding my breath for that. In the mean time, I think I'd be too busy to care.

This summer weather with its gentle warm breezes and clear skies (especially the gorgeous night skies) always makes me nostalgic. Nostalgic for what I can't be certain of, but it always makes me feel tender and gooey inside. Somehow it reminds me of a small park with a path running next to a rarely used railroad and I'm walking down this path with someone. The breeze blows gently and we discuss trivial things as we walk down this silent quiet path by the railroad. I don't know why, but I can visualize it too. It actually reminds me of this small path that's in Waterloo near Bearinger.

Another thing, I'm starting to notice that quite a few dreams remind me of certain places around campus that I wouldn't know before. By seeing these places, I can recall those dreams quite clearly. It's kind of strange, but kind of mystical and exciting at the same time. At least it's more interesting than real life most of the time.

Oh well. I really want that Evolution Robotics job down in LA. Hope I get it. In my personal life, I wish it'll get better, but that's never critical. What I really want right now is motivation and a clear purpose. In the meantime, I'll stick with my dreams and long walks down the path of starry summer nights.

No comments: