Monday, January 01, 2007

My New Year resolutions

I've been relentlessly told that I think too much. Either because of the reason that it makes cowards of us all, or because it leads to pessimism and cynicism. I guess that's my resolution for this year:

1. Stop thinking too much about things that would lead to inaction.
2. Stop being so pessimistic.
3. Stop wasting inappropiate amounts of time towards games.
4. Get working and finish my novel.
5. Travel a bit more.
6. Get contacts
7. Practice/Learn Japanese.
8. Go to the gym every week.

That's it.

On another hand, I've been having weird dreams every day. Regardless of how much I sleep or wake, it seems that ideas have penetrated. I think this might be a signal for me to finish that idea. Otherwise it'll haunt me.

On another hand, I still have to finish my FYDP report. As well as finishing my other crap. CUTC is on the 9th. Woo! Hopefully there would be cool stuff to do there.

I'm watching old stuff again, as well some new stuff. ZegaPain is interesting. It's an anime that is primarily an action genre anime, but has in it some romance, but also the important part, a discussion of existance and humanity. In this anime, humans have been wiped out and exist only as data on quantum computers. They are holograms projected onto the real world. The whole first part is about whether they are still human, even if they exist only as holographic data. And there is a part about memory. I wish they dwelled more on the whole memory thing, but they only had an episode on it.

Densha Otoko still looks too cheesy in my opinion. The manga production on it is better though. It makes it more believable and less cheesy because the lead character is less stereotypical otaku and more self-progressive and liberal. I guess I would like to believe that I was like that, the progressive one. Actually, I would think it fits me pretty well. But I overthink and analyse. Hopefully the resolution will help me break this habit of inaction.

Thinking and analyzation is the cornerstone of human life. Without it, we are nothing more than animals. Simple feedback machines that eat, shit and sleep. I don't think we can ever force ourselve to stop thinking, but we should be able to know when to act and when to think. I think I'll have to learn that ability. Just like the fact I have to learn fashion and hair styles and other stuff that comes 'naturally' to other people. Too long I have been focused on academia and engineering. I think I'm getting sick of it.

Doesn't mean that it hasn' been worthwhile though. I think it will provide an excellent backing to whatever I'll be in life, just like how music has shaped my abilities and insights.

No comments: