Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meaning

What do we want most in life? Meaning I think. We exist because we have an innate goal that we strive for. And that is our purpose in life. Whether it is religion, a striving for power, a striving for importance, love or money...

Defining everything, understanding nothing. That's how I feel these days. Yet other times, I can be very distant from everything. And at times, I think I can feel apathetic about anything except stupidity. At other times, I feel that human life as it stands right now is very lonely and anonymous.

Out of all the songs from Savage Garden, I think I like Santa Monica the best. Even though it isn't as well known as Truly Madly Deeply, its lyrics seem more interesting than the ballad of Truly Madly Deeply or I knew I loved you. If I had to rank them, I'd rank them in the order Santa Monica, I knew I loved you and Truly Madly Deeply. Just because I think human life is probably more of a journey to realize and fulfill your desires before placing them out of mind. Once you fulfill your desire, whether it be love, money, or power, you are either satisfied and quit or unsatisfied because the journey was so much better. The ones that are satisfied usually realize that while the goal is nice, it matters little in the scheme of things. The unsatisfied realize too late that the goal is unfulfilling and that in the end, the only thing left in life is death.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe I'm like a noob in WoW that hasn't reached level 60 yet. Everyone knows that levels 1-59 was just the tutorial to the game. Level 60 is the real game with the end-game content. Maybe life is like that. I just haven't reached the plateau.

What I really need now, is a) some mods to help me navigate and stop wasting time. b)some exploits/hacks to catch up. c) some more quests to level up quicker. d) some more friends so I can quest with. e) probably a new guild.

Nerdy, eh? Everything in life can be mapped and modeled by a computer game. Actually, I think life can be modeled to mathematics and economics. After all, we are just probabilistic machines, always striving towards our self-interest. It's just hard to quantify that self-interest, that's all.

Kevin

May I see you again in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

2 comments:

Carter said...

Nice Norse god references ;P Hey, maybe not new guilds, but expanding your present guild is something worth looking into!

been a while man, wasssaaaappp?!

Carter said...

P.S. where'd you get this kick-ass template, dude?

P.S.S. We should create like a Zion Giftie Blog -- get everyone to write sh#t.