Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ugh failed.

You know what? This is hard.

It was going quite well too. Yesterday, I solved two issues at work. Got to talk a bit more. Then actually got her to agree to have lunch at this sushi place I actually do want to try out (been raved about by the Toronto Star and chowhound). However, since she was quite busy over the holidays, (including a trip to the states), she didn't know when she'd have time. She said that why don't we discuss this tomorrow.

So, I thought, woohoo!

Life doesn't work that way. Today, I woke up late. My LCD wiper for my camera broke. Then had a slow start after forgetting my Iron Ring to wear. Yesterday I wasn't wearing my Iron Ring or my watch. Today, after wearing it, it seemed all my luck drained out.

2 more issues popped up at work. Turns out it was just the resolution of the problem from yesterday and a misunderstanding. However, because of the misunderstanding, an email was sent out that made me look incompetent. Even though I made the mistake, I also resolved it, yet someone else gets all the credit, and makes me look like a fool. And some of my tests take so long to resolve I still don't know if it is a problem or not.

And she wasn't responding much to instant messages either. Maybe she was quite busy. She is trying to get most of the work done before the holidays start. And she works at other places on Friday and Saturday. But who knows. Ugh. At 3 oclock, she tells me that she's going out from 4 to 8 to do some personal errand, than return at 8 to finish some more work.

Since I can only hang out after I'm done work, that's around 6:30 or 7. However, because I also had plans after 7, it meant I had to leave. But staying beyond 7 would be out of character for me. So, all I could do was sent her an email giving my contact info and to contact me if she still wants to try out that restaurant. I don't even know if she'd check her email when she comes back at 8.

Ugh. Maybe this is too much? But I mean, it was just a question about whether she was available for lunch, and when. And a season's greetings? So that shouldn't be too bad right? It was polite and to the point. But email! So impersonal! What was I thinking? But I couldn't go over to where she works at 4 in the afternoon! I have no reason to be there. If it's 7, at least I can inquire whether my friend is heading home or not. But I mean, going there when she's busy seems a bit too stalker-y for my taste.

UGH! I don't know. Sometimes I wonder about whether this is the right move or not. I know next to nothing about her. Ha. I don't even know how old she is, or whether she is single or not. Sometimes I wonder if she's actually a lot older than I am (maybe even +6 years?). Honestly, I don't know at all. Maybe, maybe not? Time will tell I guess. Maybe I'm too immature? Sigh. This is going nowhere.

Well, I hope I get an email or a phone call.

And where's my blasted Wii??? It was supposed to have been shipped on Monday! 3-5 days. Yeah, right.

Till I see you in my dreams, my dear Valkyrie.

No comments: