Monday, December 24, 2007

The world is too small for us.

Is our world too small for us?

Each of us live in our own little realities, with our individual perceptions and ideas. Our worlds collide only when we interact and socialize with each other. At other times, we live in our own little world, full of our own cares and worries, our own wants and desires.

Sometimes, I wonder how we become the people we are. We, as a species, are inherently selfish and base. To break free of this nature takes supreme effort and will. Most people never get that far. Most people can't see to infinity, much less beyond. We are too self-satisfied and smug in what we have at present, then to strive for something beyond which we call this life.

Our world is truly too small. For the world of reality is seemingly limited while the world of dreams and spirit is limitless and expansive. And yet, unless we share that world of dreams and spirit, it is a dead world to anyone but yourself. This is what I mean by being self-satisfied. Unless we share to others the world that we live in, we are nothing more than a closed box, like coffins all in a row, sitting in a limitless mausoleum, waiting for cremation. Until our life string becomes taut, and snaps. But some people can break free of that potter's coffin, and help others open their coffins. By creating (which includes socializing), we share with others, the world that we perceive, and help expand their world a little bit more.

Yet, most of us can never reach the potential that is locked within us in our little coffins. A great many others are satisfied with their own little corner of the world. This is not the way to become great. And that is what I wish to be, a great. It does not matter what type of great I would become, but I feel that I must become great, or my own little world is doomed. From mediocrity or the dreariness that which we call our life.

Dreams are amazing. They take you to limitless places, abstract concepts that may shock the real world. But the act of creation, the whole story building process, is something that sparks our lives into something real, and puts the rest of our life into perspective. While I don't think I can publish my latest dream here, the tension within the story was so tight, that I could see it performed on the silver screen. Except that it would be rated R. Too much violence and sex. It was cyberpunk, what can I say?

Well, maybe this will spark me into longer and larger forays into my personal world of dreams, in order to bring something back to show you. This way, a seed of ideas may grow, and thus, transform the dead world of selfish dreams, to the living world of shared experiences.

I'm sorry if this post was much more verbose than necessary. But I found it fun to write, even if it is hell for the reader to read. =p

Till the next time I see you in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

1 comment:

Carter said...

dude! right another blog entry already! LOL