Wednesday, February 13, 2008

As I lay my head down to sleep...

It's been little less than a week, and I haven't been able to sleep before 2am. Lot's of things contribute to this, including distractions galore and various ideas swirling around my head.

I've been rethinking about what I really want in life. What would be the 'one sentence' description someone who knows you give you? While people are complex enough that one single sentence doesn't do them justice. But in our world, we make assumptions and stereotypes in order to understand the world. We decide on our perception of a person in as little as under 5 minutes, so what do you do to put your best foot forward? It's hard.

I've been hit with a Korean fad lately. Granted, it is still very small, but my new favourite band is a Korean pop/rock band, "Loveholic". They do very good ballads that's catchy and their style reminds me of the early pop that I love about Jpop. And a recent Korean movie that I watched is "200 pound beauty", a romantic comedy that's about a girl that's.... well, you can guess. I haven't finished it yet, but at times, it is sweet, while at times it is silly. Great escapism, if you can maintain your gag reflex.

Gotten a few more games for the Wii, playing a bit at a time. It's fun, but I really need to get more controllers for it.

As for the state of my life, I really don't know where it's going. But I guess I'd find out. =p I've been hanging out with Terry a little bit more. Their friends are interesting, not the usual group I'd hang around.

And gotten a couple (meaning 2) phone messages lately. One wishes me a happy new year. That seems standard, although, as a guy, I don't remember these things unfortunately. But the second one wishes me a Happy Valentine's day? I mean seriously, I don't get it. And I don't think I can spare any of my brain on that. It's already dying from lack of sleep.

Still listening to Loveholic's albums. It's so good.

I'm just rambling now.

I don't even know where I'd be in a few months. My life feels like its going to start moving very soon, and gain momentum from there. Now, I just need to know when the boulder that is my life will start to move. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I can't tell the future, so the anxiety will be there. Such sweet and cruel anxiety. I should get back to writing novels. I keep getting book ideas, awesome quotes, while walking around in the mall. Excellent villain dialogue and reasoning behind it, but I can never remember it. =/ It's such a curse.

I really don't know why I don't sleep. I need it, but it's secondary to my love of expressing myself right now. OH well, I think I ran out of things to say. Good night, sweet dreams. And may you always look over me, my Valkyrie.

No comments: