Monday, January 23, 2006

Darren Syndrome

Omg! I developed Darren Syndrome.

Darren syndrome is the name I've given to procrastination in honor of my friend, Darren Cheung, who can procrastinate in the worst of conditions.

So what has happened since thursday.

Nothing.

Yup. Absolutely nothing.

Friday and saturday was spent playing games. Dota actually. Did no work. The reason: I didn't want to do it. Not that I had anything better to do. Labs were due later and later and I could finish everything easily.

I was supposed to do some cooking this weekend, but I never got around to it. I did harvest the ingrediants I need by preparing them ahead of time. Soon I can make yorkshire pudding and a cream of chicken pie next week. This weekend though, my shepard's pie failed to materialize. Instead, I just cooked some chicken thighs that I brined in a solution of soy sauce and chicken broth that tasted awesome. The skin was a bit overburnt though.

Yup, cooking is my newest hobby. However, I can't say I really succeed yet until I actually do everything efficiently. As of now, I keep putting stuff off.

Labs were boring. My sleeping schedule is still kinda messed up. I haven't thought about anything recently. Fourth year design project is due soon. I haven't pined for a while (which is probably a good thing). But right now, probably from the effect of good food, I feel better than I have for a while. Although I still need a great work to focus on, it is a good start. Food isn't something I can focus on though. I like it, but I doubt I can be THAT interested in it. Girls isn't a topic I can focus like that either, although focusing on one individual girl may be more like me. But if I just focus on the girl, I'd be a pretty boring person, eh? But I just can't find any hobbies or clubs that I really want in with. A complement would be good. Too bad it is so hard to find.

To be the best of anything seems to be a long road unless you have the passion for it. Maybe instead of something absolute like the sciences, I should turn to the relative, like family or just friends. Right now though, I still want to dream.

No comments: