Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year 2006

Can't say much. First off, the first day of the new year has not been good to me. First off, something was wrong with certain equipment I was using, and it busted. Bad bad bad. Then, after blowing off a free lunch from a family friend to get to Waterloo, I missed the bus, the subway car and missed the fast greyhound bus leading directly to Waterloo. After that though, it was alright. Ammon came and helped me move my stuff. Thanks. Without Ammon, I probably couldn't move most of the crap to the room.

Took 2 hours to unpack. It's certainly different when you don't have parents to help you move. And after my new philosophy of throwing out crap I don't need, unpacking wasn't necessarily fun, but there was a sense of accomplishment in finishing it. Maybe I'm understanding more now that I actually did it. But yeah, unlike previous years/terms, I know exactly where everything is and what I need, etc etc. It's almost gotten to the point that I hope school would start soon. Almost.

Although there is a sense of competition there I lack. And thus, the resolutions:
1. Not game except on weekends or designated times. Unless of course everything is done.
2. Actively go to the gym at least twice a week (this is iffy. Probably take it down to once a week?)
3. Read stuff ahead of time (I haven't done this since HS. high time I restarted).
4. not make messes and clean up stuff to organized status.
5. at least study at DC once a week. (this is in part because of JC's comment about DC and eye candy).
6. Complete assignments ahead of time by at least a day.
7. Sleep early (maybe when I force my computer to shut off)

Ah...it is interesting that most of these resolutions are academic based isn't it. Not really. I can't do jack shit about the other aspects of life. This is a good compromise.

Oh. My friend recently also said that I overthink and don't do anything about it. He commends me on identifying the issues but not fixing them. To that, I say change has to be willing, otherwise it is useless. And there's a limit to the amount of change that a person can accept to his or her personality before it is bent into something unidentifiable. It is tiring to force yourself to change when you are unwilling, even when it is something as simply as pretending to be roleplaying something you're not, just to live up to expectations.

Meh. He calls me too negative. Certain people comment that I'm too positive (only for academics though). I like to call it realism. Even though I hope for the best, I expect the worse. Besides, he makes weird noises and 4 word 1 liners. Of course, his opinion can be discounted. =P

Seriously, won won won won won is not funny. It's just damn annoying.

No comments: