Thursday, November 23, 2006

You know what I hate?

It's the fluid motion of life. We pass through life meeting new people, hanging out with friends, and lose touch with old friends. There are some friends that you stay in contact with all throughout your life and know you very well. More often than not, friendship has a certain time limit on it. After a while, you both just drift off in opposite directions.

While it is true the fluid process of motion is stronger than something standing still, does that apply to friendship? I mean, I don't think it's right to be a stronger person at the expense of friends. Sure, you may become a more interesting person by ditching old friends and meeting up with new ones, but what does that say about yourself. The analogy of whether the mountain or the ocean is stronger holds here. While it seems that the mountain may eventually be washed away by the fluidness of the ocean, it is the mountain where you can build your home on. A home adrift on the high seas is not a home at all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. While friends come and go, it is important not to lose touch with the ones that have had for a long time simply because it is too much trouble to keep them. And then again, you musn't forget to make new friends and meet people, or you'll be stuck in a rut.

This post was not prompted by anything. I just wanted to write something that people can either agree or disagree with.
================================================
Oh yeah, I was looking through facebook, and damn it, my sister does know some really pretty girls. Not that I would even remotely think of asking her for anything. It is my strong belief that I believe in a higher power, destiny if you will, than anything else. And besides, I doubt any of them are interested in the same things I am.

I do believe compatibility is a major issue in relationships. But what do I know? It's like I'm a theorycrafter than a participant. But meh, I don't like to fail. Ever. I wonder why that is. But you know what, most people that are interested in the same things I am are taken already. Weird. Hahaha.

Sigh.
================================================
And lastly....job update. Nothing yet. I'm supposed to apply to UWO for their PhD program. Apparently, I need several things that I won't be able to get until January unfortunately. This is mighty unfortunate as acceptances and bonus availability become much better during the earlier acceptances. Oh well. I still am uncertain about my path in life. Of course, I always hope that my path is the right one, but one can never be sure.
================================================
Weird dreams again. I don't remember what this one exactly is. But it was weird. And it had superpowers in it. Very strange. But my Valkyrie wasn't in it. Unfortunately.

Anyways. Till I see you in my dream, my dear Valkyrie.

No comments: