Saturday, March 29, 2008

Starting

This is my project. The whole purpose is to improve myself and my quality of life. I have several goals, each of which will have sub-goals to piece them into easy bite portions. Each task is independent, but some require prereqs.

Topics
1. Quality of Life - Environments
2. Quality of Life - Health
3. Quality of Life - Insight

These will be divided into tasks
1a. Clean up room (50%)- 50% complete. Room is nearly in order. public space is in order. Basement must be finished.
1b. Add improvements - Add 2 display shelves as well as attaching speaker system and thinking of making comp into HTPC.
1c. Cooking - new cooking techniques.

2a. Exercise regimen (25%) - Been working a bit. Signed up for soccer clubs. This is on track.
2b. Eating better/ Exploration of Restaurants (10%) - Thinking of a weekly thing where we go out to a restaurant and try it. Most of them will be within the Sheppard area though.
2c. Dodgeball and other activities - Summer with things suggested by Kent.

3a. Dinner Parties (0%) Prereq: clean up room - Need to finish cleaning the place up. Have some dinner parties and invite people to 'mingle'. Would be interesting to note if I can pull it off or not.
3b. Speaking improvement (5%) - Practicing and learning to speak properly. This is tied together with kareoke and singing in Chinese
3c. Wardrobe - Have to shop for new coats and clothes. Budgeted $1000 for this improvement.
3d. Hairstyle (50%) - growing hair out.

The expected finish date of these improvements is end of June, or June 30th.
=========================================

While going through my stuff, I've noticed so many memories and the things that have been long gone. I saw some of my old technological gadgets, and the feelings I had at the time. Some of the souvenirs from my Europe trip was definitely nostalgic. It's nearly been a year already.

Some of this stuff was from five years ago. I saw a student made magazine that was from seven years ago. And yet, back then, my life was not like this. I still felt we were poor and that technology moved slowly. Yet, if we look back at this time five years from now, I don't think I can imagine what my life would be like. There's too many variables to speculate. I think its best that I just experience it, and remember it, this time around.

Kevin

No comments: