Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Knight Errant

I think I've always wanted to be a knight. I guess I wanted to play the hero. More than that, the loyalty and honor and prestige that came with it. Yet, I probably wouldn't want to be a prince or a king.

I've always dreamed about that girl that I could devote my life to. To serve, if you will, her for all her days, and have the love and loyalty that would be returned.

But do I know what I want? A man is supposedly given three opportunities in his life, and forty two paths to walk down. Which one is right?

A girl that's spontaneous, yet understands me. Knows that I'm stubborn in some things and probably very conservative as well (I don't know myself that well). Someone who would react to some of my crazy ideas with glee and pull me back down when I float too high up on the clouds of imagination. Finds indecisiveness over useless matters attractive. Always playing the devil's advocate.

Of course, it very well may be that the girl I want doesn't exist.

Who knows?

I think a lot on the bus ride home. The problem is once I get home, if I don't put all these words to paper, they sound cheap after 6 hours of playing WoW. Sigh.

No comments: