Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bus Ride Back

Well, tonight was a fun time. Left work early to get the 4:30 bus back to Toronto. Otherwise, the 6:30 bus would meant I would have gotten to Toronto at 11:30 and home around 1.

Anyways, Sandy invited me to hang with her statcon friends on the bus ride back. So I met Kate, Will and Craig. I had the feeling that Will didn't like me much, and he admitted he didn't like Waterloo students much even if he is from UW.

The journey began uneventfully. Basically, all of us were tired from the fact we started work early. So, most of us napped until the bus stopped halfway at this log cabin cafe.

We had sandwiches and pretty much stretched ourselves out of 20 minutes. Kate and Will seemed talkative and "bonded". Sandy seemed off in her little world after reading, so I had no one really to talk to. Somehow, the topi of religion got introduced (sigh. Me again), and we got to talking about where they grew up and such.

Interesting enough, a guy sitting in front of us got into the debate in religion. He was a devout Christian and we debated about religion for a while. The problem for me is twofold. First, devout people always has the demeanor of total confidence: that they are right and you are wrong, even if it is a test of faith. me, I'm a skeptic and that makes my position look weaker, even if it is equally valid, just because of the nature and origin of the argument. We debated a bit more when a girlcame into the discussion as well. Rebecca was studying at Ottawa U for her theology degree and pointed out several points. While I was not thoroughly convinced (as I am naturally suspicious of any religious argument), she brought interesting points. However, some of her theories taught to her by theology could be found explained by sociological concepts of heirarchy of needs and the Jungian thought of a global consciousness. It was a fun period.

She also told me how she finished her pharmacology degree, worked as a pharmascist and wasn't satisfied. She plans to be a pastoral consellor (a therapist using faith as a primary healing source) in Vancouver, where her fiance is living. There's only one consellor total in Vancouver.

Meanwhile, Kate and Will were still talking. But I couldn't really interject, as I was more of a third wheel. Rebecca kept talking about stuff. Found out she was German. Sandy was still reading her book.

Anyways, I noticed that Ottawa has many cute, if not hot, white girls. (Asian girls, however, tend to be ararity) In particular, I think German girls are cute and hot.

I shall go to sleep soon. After I read this Buzz on Relationship book. It's a funny parody book.

Till I see you in my dreams, my Muse.

No comments: