Thursday, October 26, 2006

Well...kinda finished WoW

Well, its been another long while since I've posted. That delay was caused by WoW. Yes, its an artificial goal set by a game, but I've finished what I set out to do with 2 months to go. Well, it is fun, to talk to people and to try to finish an shared objective. It is pretty lonely here in Kanata.

Well, I went to the Nature musuem this past Sunday with Richard and Sandy. Was fun, although some exhibits were not ready despite it being the first weekend to open since its renovation of its east wing. So the dinosaur exhibit was awesome. Pictures below. It was fun. Afterwards, went to Zek's diner. I had liver and onions, which is what I order everytime I go into a "diner". It was okay. Different from most I've had, because this was actually cooked well past done, to a bit burnt. However, the onion was kinda still raw, meaning it still had bite to it, but not enough sweetness. The coleslaw was okay, as was the onion rings. Overall, it was decent.

Afterwards, we went to Kate's house because she was throwing a small gathering for StatCan people. So Richard and I tagged along. Afterwards, we went home while they went to a bar. Living out in the boonies means that we were at the mercy of the buses.
==========================================================================
More thinking.

What am I looking for? A girl that interests me intellectually and physically. Apparently, she doesn't exist. Lily thinks that I have more chance looking for girls on WoW than in real life.

Could be what I want doesn't exist? It could be, because apparently if I think about it, I'm not even viewing what I want as a person anymore. You can't expect to just ask for someone that would stay with you without conditions. Will I be willing to change in order to be with anyone? Of course, I'll say right now, but who knows in the future. You are who you are. You can change in the little ways, but it is hard to change a lot of little things than one big thing.

I don't know what I want in life yet. My interests are varied, yet none of them are a passion for me. Perhaps I need to find someone that would inspire passion. But I'm too shallow. I want someone that understand geek culture, is interesting (weird in otherwords =P), and in my opinion, looks good. But from what I understand of statistics, the chance of me meeting someone single like that is next to 0. Most of them are in a relationship already. Sometimes I wonder if the person I'll fall in love with will have a huge traumatic experience or have been hurt before. Otherwise I'd probably never "deserve" her. Sigh. I have an inferiority complex nowadays, or at least for this aspect of my life. I think I've always had it.

I guess I don't know what my future holds. Nor do I know what path it should take. This path will probably warn girls away with "Loser" branded on my forehead. Or maybe it does now. Indirection is never good. Always go with the direct. But for now, it is better to be a bit more indecisive than to be trapped in something you don't like for a long while. Apparently, I'm still young, even though I'm probably too old for a first kiss. In this aspect, my mind is probably still in high school.

And I decided to quit swearing. Swearing for me was never about blasphemy or any special thing. It was to garner attention on to whatever I was talking about. Therefore, in order to emphasize anything I will instead just growl in a menacing tone.

Oh yeah, waiting for my mail order perscription glasses to arrive. It's a good deal, considering the 'features' its supposed to have. Memoryless, bendable, "rimless" for $50. That, and a haircut. And a new wardrobe. Apparently I need a lot of things. Kind of want a new mp3 player, but that will have to wait.

Anyways, I got nothing else to write. Good night. Been having weird dreams, but each of them are semi-enjoyable. Till I see you in my dreams, my dear Valkyrie.

No comments: