Monday, October 30, 2006

Fun saturday. Not many like it so far.

Anyways, I realized that I forgot to include photos. They will be posted at the end of this post.

So on Saturday, Mason, Val and I went around Ottawa just hanging around. Went to the Lieutenant's Pump, a small pub, for lunch. Diner like in its menu, I couldn't get liver and onions because it was brunch, so I settled with its breakfast special. It was pretty and good. Tasty. We discussed random topics including but not limited to: religion, food, people, medical practices, government spending, politics, etc. We wandered Bywood market, and Parliament Hill. It was closed, but we still went up the Peace Tower. Went around Rideau center.

Afterwards, had a very enjoyable meal at Big Daddy's Crab Shack. They had oysters on the half shell there, so we had a couple of those, and some oysters baked with crabmeat and cheese. Tasty appetizers. I had the Texas Redfish and mash potatoes with lobster gravy. Mason had the catfish and Val had crabcakes/crawfish combo. The crabcakes were awesome, much better than the crap they served down in Waterloo at that fish house. The fish was awesome (both of them) with good flavor and fresh tasting filets. The vegetables were one of the few steamed vegetables that were cooked well and still retained its flavour. No frozen vegetables here. Or at least if it was, they cooked it well. The mash potatoes with lobster gravy was a bit salty, but excellent nevertheless.

Then we wandered a bit more, and went home. A most enjoyable saturday.
=================================================

Why is it that everytime I hear songs from Love Hina, it makes me want to cry? By all counts, it is a happy anime, with love and redemption, and yet it makes my eyes water up. Maybe it marks a return to the time when there was less responsibilities and more possibilities and that it is a realization of wasted effort that I have put in since? Or maybe that the world changes and yet, I still long for the days of yesterday?

Maybe it is because it contrasts the life that I have now versus the one before? Nostalgia, as always, is a most interesting emotion, fill with heartache and regret. And yet it is one I treasure the most, as it reminds me I'm still here.
=================================================
I just had a weird dream just now, but not going to post it here. I don't understand it myself. But weird. Damn weird.

The storyline will change like this. The female that the lead is interested in would be switch sides because of a switch in ideology. The lead would be interested in a new girl on his own side. They get married, have a kid, but he still can't forget the first girl, even though he was on the other side. Even after resolution, this causes a break between the lead and girl #2, causing a shift in balance in their side of organization. Of course, there is the redemption part, which is that the guy realize what he was chasing was a figment of his imagination and returns to girl #2. Very cliche, but sometimes things are cliche for a reason. It is the execution that is going to be difficult.
=================================================
Some photos from last week:

Here's a huge dinosaur bone, with Sandy in it.

Richard getting eaten by dinosaurs.

Me with triceratops!

Sandy and I with Einstein!
=============================================================
Anyways. Time to sleep. Good night all!

No comments: