Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Worst bus driver ever.

So anyways. Came back on monday. Planned to ride the 2:55 bus in Scarborough Town Center. However, decided instead to take the bus from central terminal just because my sister was going there as well, as well as getting an easier seat.

When I got there 30 minutes early, there was a bus ready to go. however, it only went to Ottawa center, so that was a drawback. But it was leaving 30 minutes early, and an hour earlier than the one leaving STC, so I decided to get on.

Big mistake. The driver was a total n00b. He didn't know how to drive very well. Seems like it was his first trip to Ottawa, since he was asking for directions. As well, he took the 400 instead of the DVP because supposedly theDVP was blocked/traffic jam. Still would have been faster, but he didn't know it. All in all, a very bad driver.

Anyways, afterwards, when I got off the bus, it was already 7:30. I was supposed to get to Kanata Town Center by 7:10. Instead, I was 20 minutes late and stuck in the middle of downtown. The problem was, the 101, which goes near where I was, did not run on sundays, and since it was a stautatory holiday, the buses were running on a sunday schedule. I tried looking at a map, but I basically thought and paced for a bit.

A girl then came up to me and asked if I knew how to get to where she lived. I didn't, but since she was trying to get to Baseline, I decided to help her. It didn't hurt that she was quite pretty. So anyways, I suggested walking north to hit the 95/96/97 lines. She then asked if we could walk together.

So we talked a bit and then we got to Baseline with a 95X bus. I got her email in case our group was doing Musuem hops since she was new to the area too. She took the Fallowfield bus after while I took the 118 bus to get back to Hazeldean and Eagleson. I got back at aroudn 9:20, over 2 hours over what I expected.

Pretty interesting night, even if it did take the darnest long time. However, it is a shame that my emails so far have gotten no responses. Oh well.

Till I see you in my dreams, my Valkyrie.

No comments: