Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Balance - Creation and Destruction

My thought is that there is balance in this world. And that we must maintain a balance. Extremes go against the law of thermodynamics. Like anything else, I do believe that balance must exist in the world, because extremes take too much time and effort to maintain.

People agree that there is a balance between evil and good, chaos and order. But how many people talk about the balance between creation and destruction. I'm the only person I know that classify things in creation and destruction. I view destruction as something I do to things other people have created. This applies for things such as watching TV shows and reading books. Even eating... I sincerely believe that we have to live a life of balance. For everything I read, eat, watch, appreciate, feel, sense, experience, I believe that I have to create in response to it. I need to balance it out. Writing it as a record, or writing in general is the simplest way for me to 'create'. Thus, this is why I write so much. It's not because I particularly like writing, but because I feel that my life would not be balanced otherwise. Of course I want to be heard, but that's just a collonary from wanting to be special. I want to be read so that I would have an impact on other people's lives. I guess I'm partly OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I believe that the only way we can live in a fulfilling life is to balance things. Love, hate, creation, destruction, experience, dreams, reality, synthesized artifice, beauty, ugliness, joy, pain, hope, despair, light and darkness. All of these must be balanced for our lives to work out. I think so far, I have yet to discover pure hatred, and thus, I cannot discover true love. Likewise to despair and pain. Oh well, I guess it's only a matter of time.

But the idea of good and evil inherent in humans? I subscribe to the philosophy of random distribution. Most people are neither good or evil, mostly neutral. Others may be slightly more 'good' and others slightly more 'evil'. I do believe that there are people that are unredeemable, those that are totally evil. Likewise, there are people that are totally good. It's just a matter of distibution. With the population on earth, it would be surprising if there aren't people that are totally 'good' and those that are totally 'evil'. It's just that both the people in the extremes tend to die young. =p.

Me? I'd have to say I'm leaning more towards the darkness. Darkness doesn't automatically mean evil. I recognize it, and I control it. There are times when I must admit that my anger gets the best of me. But this almost never occurs. I would like to study the darkness of the human heart. I love the theme of the dawn - of redemption. There is no comparison of light without the darkness. It is because there is free will that the good stands out. I guess people won't understand my fascination with the darkness. I just hope they realize that the easiest way to see something is to contrast it with its opposite. I doubt I'd ever want to put any diabolical plan forward. I would like to think I'm too empathic to do anything like that. Oh well. Enough talking about this for now. I suppose I'll revisit this topic later. Good night.

No comments: