Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Resolutions being prepared.

There are things that sound stupid by the light of day, and there are things that sound stupid no matter what. This would be one of those things that is the latter. Mainly because I'm tired, yet I want to write. I have not been doing a lot of writing lately, and I should really finish up my report, but I have not gotten around to it. This is a travesty.

My resolutions have been set. My plans have been finalized. There are four months left until my undergraduate life is over, and supposedly my real life begins. However, why in the world am I imagining that I would be one of those single people that would stay single until they're 40s or maybe even later? My imagination sometimes sucks. Or maybe I'm naturally pessimistic? I don't know why, but I get into these funk moods from time to time. Maybe most of the time, but still. I guess it's because I have had so few successes in this arena of life that makes me apprehensive about imagining about anything good that I just can't imagine it. My mind and its excellent plan analyzation and simulating powers is defeated by the lack of data. Data from fiction and books can't really fill in the gaps this time unfortunately.

Hence, the resolutions. I must improve myself before, as Edwin so eloquently put it, I "put myself on the market". I must improve myself physically and mentally. My outlook should be better suited. I guess I just never liked myself physcially. Not surprisingly, since that's the aspect of my life that I put the least amount of effort towards. Therefore, I must like myself before I go further. This will therefore be my goal for the next month.

Sometimes I wonder if doing something once would make you bored of it. I think sometimes if you never do something, it festers and make you want to do it because you don't know how good (or bad) it would be. I guess sometimes life is like that. I guess I think I'll have to try a lot of things in order to tell myself what I really like. Unfrotunately, you can't do that with girls. Girls are people too and you can't treat them as solitary experiences. Too bad. Am I being too analytical about this? I think so. Maybe that's the problem.

No comments: