Sunday, December 17, 2006

Getting drunk is a bad idea.

So yeah. I think I learned my lesson.

Yesterday was supposedly the last watpub event of the year. It was at Minglewoods in downtown Ottawa. Bojan and I arrived there around 10-20 minutes later than 9:30, the designated time, but we could not see anyone else there. So we went inside. Went to the second floor. Got us a pitcher of Rickard's Red. Starting drinking. We talked about various things, including picking up girls at bars. Said it was easy, depending on location. I wouldn't know. Never tried it.

Bojan decided to go downstairs so I was sipping a mug by myself. When he got back up, he told me how the bouncer told him that it was 2 dollars to come up. It's like, what? We've been here thirty minutes ago and there wasn't stuff like that. He came up by saying that he needed to grab his jacket. He came up and sat down. Said that they wouldn't actually come up to get him to pay 2 measly dollars.

So we started drinking again, and our first pitcher was gone, so we grabbed another one. This goth girl comes up to Bojan and starts discussing music with him. They were discussing goth rock and goth music. I don't know much about it so I just listened. After a while, the bouncer DID come up and ask Bojan for the 2 dollars. Seeing no way out of it, he gave the two dollars. The girl left after we poured her a drink from our pitcher. Kristen came around, and she didn't find many people either. Talked a very small amount, and she left. Bojan decided to get tequila shots. Which we did, to my regret. We left after that because it seemed pointless to sit around. He wanted to go to a nudie bar, so he asked directions from the bouncer. I disagreed. We waled along Rideau for awhile, going past Parliment. He had the bright idea of pissing on Parliament, which we avoided, because there were two or more police/secuirty cars on us at all times. We did take some pictures though.

Then we walked along the street down to Albert I believe, between which we did piss on the street outside a building that specifically said "Don't park your car here". Since it didn't say anything about pissing, we did that. And then we got on the 97 bus. It goes to Bayshore. After a few stops, he got off, to transfer to another bus. I was feeling quite bad at this time. The alcohol took a while to trigger, but when it did, I couldn't handle it. The swerving motion of the bus did not help either. So when we got to Bayshore, I was very out of it. I puked. Three times. Good thing there was no one else on the bus. I ran out. (Ran is the operative word. It was more like a scrambling, swerving mess of a walk). Sat down to wait for the 96. Sat down and kept falling 'asleep' and puking into the garbage can. Then noticed that the 96 did come, but it was going in the wrong direction. Only after another 10 minutes did I realize I was in the wrong bay for the 96. So I went to the other side of the station. Waited another 10 minutes before the 96 came. Went on, and it was hazy from here on. Got out at the right stop and walked home. I was really smashed at this point, can't walk in a straight line and my mouth felt awful. Got home in like 20 minutes of walking and basically collapse on the bed.

Woke up this morning at 9, meaning 6 hours of sleep. Took a drink of water and was thinking about eating before going to bed. Didn't get to eating. I was too nauseated. Drank more water and Slept for another 3 hours. Felt a bit better, but still nauseated. Went to the mall to get a sub from Subway. Ate it. Got some soy milk and chocolate from Zellers and felt remarkably better. Then played 10 hours of DOTA straight. And here I am now. So I feel a lot better now.

But I'm not getting 'drunk' again. It just feels too painful.

No comments: