Thursday, March 16, 2006

More understandable post

Let see, following today's nonsensical rant, I must admit I was feeling a bit under the weather. I am still feeling a bit under the weather, but at least I think I will make sense now.

Life. It is annoyingly unsatisfying because that is the nature of it. We always want what we don't have. And what is the point of it? It seems pointless, like MMORPGs, where we're striving for something we want, but don't necessarily need. Maybe changing the way we think would be good? But how much changing before we become something other than ourselves? And then, why do we always feel so lost? I have friends that have suddenly developed a new sense of being lost (whether that was from the alcohol that we have now started to consume) or other friends writing "Answer me God, where are the answers that I seek? " (even though he's not religious).

Maybe we are not distracting ourselves enough from these questions. I mean, with modern society, we hardly fight for our right to survive anymore. It used to be that consumed all of your thoughts. In this society, we force ourselves to be distracted to make meaning in our lives. Books, games, rituals, etc, all serve as distractions. Maybe we think too much. We think of what we want and need and most people don't know exactly what we want or need. So they make stuff up in order to fit in or to fill an empty hole of not knowing what they want or need.

Feelings, emotions, commitments....are they neccesary? Is the whole thing about needing somebody actually true? Can't a person exist alone? Besides, how would you know that you'd meet the right person. How would you know if you already have met her? Heh. You never know do you. I wonder if we are really just the pawn pieces in a colossal game between powers we don't understand.

And not just meeting the right person. How would you know if your life was well lived? After fulfilling every dream, what else does a person have? In that case, are people just made of dreams? Maybe we should strive for things we'll never achieve. That way, at least we'll have something to live for.

To those who dream, I salute thee.
Kevin

No comments: