Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's been happening lately?

Let see, friday was 3BE, 3B class appreciation night. That was very fun. We arrived late because Lan, Darren and I was out on a mission to get alcohol for the event that night. We arrived at 3BE, which was at the cove, half an hour later then expected. Cove is the campus arcade and had many different games. However, the one most appreciated was the LAN network of CS. Yes, we could have played DDR, or the arcade games, but nothing says class unity like getting shot in the back by one of your classmates, and then killing them with a sniper rifle the round after. It was especially interesting that one of our profs, Professor Harder, was one of the participants. Although he is in the reserves, he wasn't very good at the game, even though he was a very computer oriented guy (he teaches coding). It was damn entertaining to see games where you can shoot your professor in the back.

I also won a T-shirt as one of the raffle draws. This occured right after I was looking at my ticket and saying that I had no chance. This was witnessed by Allen, who said that I was a very wrong man. I took his ticket and said the same thing (saying that his ticket had no chance) and he won a $25 dollar gift certificate right after. This did not work a third time for my other friend.

After that, I felt that I was drained and didn't want to go to Rev like we planned. Instead we went to Lan's place and had a few of the beers that we bought. David complained that we ditched him at this point. But I have to disagree. Since he was walking in front of us with Jane, the situation was that he ditched us and that he had no right to be angry. He said that he was searching for us for quite a while, but still his fault for walking too fast when you don't know the destination. After the drinking, we played around 2-3 hours of Smash Bros, before we went to sleep.

On saturday, I actually slept until 7:30, which was when we were supposed to start our pre-drinking for the night. The plan was to go to Bomber. I was supposed to eat at 5 so that I could start drinking at 7:30. Instead, I woke at 7:30, grab food at 7:45. Ate till 8 and went to Darren's by 8:15. I shouldn't have worried as Lan was still getting dressed by 8:15. We drank till around 9. At this point, with drinking games, Allen, Darren, Lan and I had 2 shots of Tequila each and a variety of mixed drinks. Allen kept on insisting he had more than 6, but not much more. We each had around 8 when we got there.

What happened that night stays with the people that night. Each has their own stories to tell and it is theirs to tell.

What happened to me that night was nothing. I hold my liquor well =P. Allen and Darren on the other hand, got thrown out for being too intoxicated. Ask them for their own stories.

There were other people too from our class, like Vani, Roma, Muzzafar, and Junette. Very interesting saturday.

Sunday was work day. Monday was pretty much another work day. And Today was google Talk day. Google hosted a meet and greet. It was interesting. Free food and supposedly a free t-shirt, but that never arrived. Lots of food and drink though. David, Colleen and I pretty much ate everything except pizza. There were icecream root beer floats, strawberry shakes, cheeseballs, sushi (crappy veggie rolls though), and pizza. There were crazy cookies on sticks, that had sugar paper on them. Basically edible paper pasted on the sugar cookies with the Google logo on it. It was cool. We went at around 4:30. Pretty much ate and talked until 6:00. And then now writing.

Anyways, that's what's going on so far. Not much eh?

No comments: