Tuesday, February 28, 2006

As I sit here at 7:31am...

Lab today. Reason why I'm up so early. Usually, I'd probably still be in bed.

Mmm... Cod in butter sauce served with a corn side and chinese tea (Thanks Ammon!). A good breakfast never hurts.

So I slept 11 hours yesterday. From 5am on monday morning till 4pm on monday afternoon. I have no idea why I slept so much, but even after waking up, I kind of felt tired.

A friend of mine (barely...) recently told me that my blog sucks. That I write posts that are too long and dry. And that my post on Bomber sucks. And that drinking sucks. So why do I write these posts? And why a matter of public record?

It is my form of catharsis. It allows me to open up and write down my feelings (yes, guys have feelings. Repressed, but I assure you they're there). It allow me to unburden my soul (if I have one, if it even exists at all). It allows me to remember events in the future (if only my memory was better). It allows me to put aside these thoughts and do something productive. As well, the act of writing it allows it to be less ambigious as well as given it a concrete form to which I can plainly see the problems with the direction of thinking.

Upon writing it down, it is an act of creation. Here's a hokey part of superstition. I believe that life is a matter of checks and balances, and that in order for life to be easily glided through, a person must balance him or herself in the sense that every action has a equal and opposite reaction. An act of destruction/consumption, such as computer gaming (where you destroy other things), watching TV, reading, or anything else that consumes works produced by others, must, or at least should be, balanced with an act of creation by the person, whether it is the creation of memory, writing, new works, etc etc. And thus for me, this blog helps in more than one way.

Why a matter of public record? Why on blogger? One of the reasons is that it is easy to use, and the interface is superior to those found on xanga or livejournal. There are some options that I like about xanga, but on the whole, I like blogger more, which is why I switched. My old blog can be found here. So the whole public record thing...

The reason it is on public record is again two fold. The first is that it allows me to point other people to. For example, the whole Bomber post outlines exactly the event as it happens so I do not have to repeat myself time after time for an event that has happened. I do like the sound of my own voice (as does most people), but not when its raspy and hoarse from talking too much (it hurts). The second is that because it is in the public domain, I can't 'hide' behind anything anymore and forces me to confront problems head on as it is.

Well. Lab time. Time to go. Later folks.

1 comment:

Roma said...

hey kevinnnn, i like ur blogs!! :) rant on!