Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lunch

This may seem so complainy, but it's something that has been bothering me a lot.

There's only a little more than a year before we're forcefully ejected into the real world. Are we ready for such a thing though? In a way, I don't think I want to leave this place. It is the buffer between harsh reality and the powerlessness of childhood. Yet, while I understand we can't be here forever, it may be much more comfortable to just stay here.

And the tedium of reality presses down on the weight of your soul. Freedom is but an illusion. To be chained and bound in the banality of existance.

Yes, I make it much worse than it sounds, mainly because I have to admit that there is nothing to really live for in this world at the moment. I admit, all that's driving me right now is the possibility of a better time. But even that may be a passing fancy.

One of my friend thinks I have depression. That may very well be true considering what you think depression is. But another way of looking at it may just be that you're now seeing the world for what it is.

But right now, I probably will be too busy to ponder these deep philosophical questions. Midterms are coming up with a double dose of labs.

All of this, after lunch. Not having computer games makes me think too much. Bah.

Two more links to other blogs up. 2 more electrical Engineering students. A boring read, or not. Can't be worse then this huh? =P

PS. You may think my loneliness is a factor, but its not really. In a way, I see it almost as another possible solution to this depression problem. Sorry ladies, if you're offended, but you are a means to an end. Of course, if you actually do solve this "depression" problem, you pretty much earned my undivided attention for a long time. Which is pretty much saying a lot, considering I think I may have some aspects of ADD. I would probably even go shopping with you...scary! Oo...more shiny blogs. Bye bye. Class.

2 comments:

Jason Yu said...

Depression is as much a biological question as it is a philosophical one. I don't know much, but I'd say you're fine -- everyone has up and down periods, and distinguishing them from true bliss and depression respectively is well, hard.

Speaking of philosophy, look at David's first post. What's with that OMGWTFBBQ pwnage essay? Wowzer.

King said...

oh, that was because he wants a philosophical blog. He hasn't posted since because he can't think of anything to write.