Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dreams of a distant ... something

The dream of the day will be posted on the bottom

So I went with Darrick and them to Morty's the other day for beer and wings to celebrate Darrick's birthday. Kinda fun when everything was said and done. Justin was kind of out of it with the beers he drank. Yan was tipsy after half a glass. Darrick drank like 4-5 beers and he was also sort of tipsy. I had the same and was also kinda tipsy. Vicky and Lan didn't mainly because Vicky doesn't drink and Lan was driving. Ammon had to leave early, mainly because he still lived at home. So it was fun with the drinking and stupidness that only tipsy people do. I got pictures! They're not that funny though. The funny stuff only Catherine has and Vicky also got a few good shots. All I have are the boring ones of smiling people. But it was fun. All of this before a midterm too (ANTH102)

Midterm: bah. stupid questions. I mean, how am I supposed to remember that in a certain tribe in Africa, the women bring in exactly 30% of the meat. The choices were 100,80,40,30,20%. Or that women on average in the world breastfeed for 2 years. Choices were 1.5 years,2 years,1 year,6 months, 3 months. I mean seriously, that is whack.

I love writing about dreams. It is if I was part of some other universe other than this drab old one. Anyways, I remember that the universe I dreamt about yesterday is very much similar to the one we live in. However, there are certain people that can use special abilities (much like Alters in the Scryed universe). No one knows where they're from, but they've already organized themselves so much that there is a academy for potential users. I was not a very strong use, but my ability was a very flexible one (which I don't rembmer what it is). I was specialized in my missions and had a close tie with the principal (who was a woman in her early 30s or late 20s (I couldn't tell). We had a close relationship that bordered on friendship. Anyways, one of the incidents involved a manga I had picked up. I only had one chapter of it, so I asked the others. They said that they've heard of it too, but the problem was you can only order them from the parent company and it was strange that no one carries them. So I bought them and showed it to them (don't ask me how mail-order suddenly became instantaeous shipping) and it was kinda sad. A very fascinating premise (kinda like the ability user thing with romantic comedy overtones) turned into nothing but money-grubbing fanservice scenes (I distinctly remember that there were a scene where the girls of the manga was supposed to participate in a beach contest. There was whip cream and octopus. You can guess what was wrong with that picture. Anyways, after that it was the Chinese New Year festival (actually, it wasn't CNY, but something very similar to it and I couldn't tell what it was). The classes were divided up based on rank. The class was segragated into 20 people each for the top 100 people. Then the last 100 people for each year was just dumped into the F class. I was a part of the F class because I wasn't supposed to draw attention to myself. Somehow I kinda hated this idea. I suddenly had a better idea and I rushed out of the gift giving ceremonies where all the classes sat. No one noticed me. When I rushed into one of the top floors of the building to search for the principal, I couldn't find her. All her helpers/secretaries told me she was just here but she left. I then went to the ground floor and walked outside the square building. There she was. I told her part of my idea, which was to combine the classes again, because anyone that gets a hold of the class list or know the ranking system can easily target the weak people in the class. Just then, 3 upper classmen just walked past. Then she was gone, but a glimpse of the eye showed the chain of fate, which was one of her abilities. The 3 classmen just saw that and said, "she was just here wasn't she, guess she doesn't want to talk to us yet". Knowing her better than most though, I strode through the building to the otherside, while passing some cosplayer in a Sailor Mars costume. On the otherside, I saw another cosplayer in a Sailor Mars costume and I went up to her. She said, you always know what I'd do, don't you. So we continue the conversation while she was in that form. I said that baring special circumstances, we should have a class list in an encrypted mechanism and that the class should be meshed together. She said she'd think about it. I then went up the elevator back to the gymnasium where the CNY was still taking place, but I could no longer see my class. Instead, it was filled with classes lower in years then mine, kinda like the kindergarden class. I took 2 slices of bread from their gift-giving ceremony and then went up to the floor where my classes were traditionally held. A new cafetaria just opened on our floor and as a result, the lunchladies were assholes. As I went to the cafetaria, I noticed that two of my friends, a black guy with dreadlocks and a chubby white guy was sitting down eating. They told me I missed out the gift-giving and that I should hurry to the classroom for my gift, which was a pen set (those silver cross pens?). One of the lunchlady then spotted me and my 2 bread slices and then told me that if I put anything on it from the cafeteria, such as jam or butter, she'd have to charge me $1.50 in a nasty way, like I brough the bubonic plague or something. I just told her kinda in a "get out of my face" way that I'd just buy a real $1.50 sandwich from the cafe and use the bread slices as filler. Then I wished that I had my bologna slicesfrom my fridge, what with the price gouging and all here (which was strange because I really DID have bologna in my real fridge). And then I woke up.

There was a short segment about a girl I liked here as well, but she was part of the top 20 and that I couldn't get near her because everybody assumed my rank was lower than the top 100. It was only that way because I was supposed to be kept in secrecy. There wasn't much about it, just an acknowledgement in the background that I had someone I liked in the top 20.

Anyways....cool dream. I give it a 8.5/10 for enjoyability.

No comments: