Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hard Drive Failure

Well, I haven't been posting for the past 2 days for 2 reasons. 1 reason being the fact that I'm swamped with work and trying to catch up for half the term in 2 days for 2 courses is not exactly easy. However, I might make it! 8 hours a day inthe library is always fun when there are people and resources next to you. Looks like I may need to buy a printer soon too.

2nd reason. My shuttle system developed bad clusters. Even worse, the 2 bad clusters of 12 kb landed directly on my registry file. No recovery. Therefore, I need to reformat. Sigh. Good thing I partitioned my drives. I may need another HD to save my critical data (mostly manga. Sad, but I read them so often). And my photos and other collections. Another $100 dollars spent on a HD. Sigh. Oh well, at least I didn't lose anything super important. 12kb in a 200 gb HD. That's like 12/200000000 chance out of the chance of actually getting bad clusters (which are almost non-existant in a good system). I'm just totally unlucky it seems. Hopefully it balances out, like how I believe every system is a system of balance. So hopefully I'm lucky in other things.

All this was done in a 10 minute break from my 10 hours in the library for this sunday. Oh well, I should do this more often. I would actually be ahead for once.

No comments: