Sunday, February 12, 2006

Happy fiftieth post

Hmm...happy 50th!

I apparently had my phone's ringer turned off for the whole week. I'm sorry to the people I missed calls from.

Midterms are coming up. Am I prepared? Are you psychic? The answer is obviously no.

And yet, I still don't feel the crunch yet.

I sometimes wonder why I'm so apathetic about stuff like this. I guess it may be because I have yet to truly 'failed' in my life. After having so much experience in academic testing, it just doesn't feel that scary.

But for personal relationship stuff, I'm still very much inexperienced that I'd rather put it off. I get nervous over small stuff and nothing. Sometimes it makes me mad at myself. And yet, after a day, I'd forget about it. I guess it may be because of my trick memory that I have this affliction. My memory sucks for conventional stuff, but I'd remember strings of numbers for no reason. And it may last a while before I forget it. I wish I could just memorize pages though. It would make the exams so much easier.

Listening to my some songs I haven't listen to for a long time. Yuki Matsuura. Her songs are interesting in quality. They're mostly ballads. Most people probably would think it childish, yet some of them have melodies that are popish, yet aren't in any pop I've heard. It's interesting.

My friend Jason Yu just recently had a b-day. Happy birthday. You said on your own blog that "What's life? Why am I here? Should I do something before I turn 23? 24? Age, and hence time, scare me. We're so helpless: Tick. Tick. Tick..."

Well, life is a condition to which death is the only cure. You are here because you're not there. You should probably eat before you turn 23. Else you'll probably die of hunger. Ditto on the 24. Time should scare you. Like Darren posts as his BBS signature, "Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."

Remember kids, its down the block, not across the street. Click here for more details. I think Something Postive's cynical humor fits right in with my own.

I guess I could whine more about helplessness and what not, but that gets boring and tiring after a while. Maybe I'll talk about more upbeat stuff next time. I don't want to cause too much controversy. My 49th post already caused people to respond. =)

Responding is good though. Have fun commenting. =)

1 comment:

Jason Yu said...

I failed the JLPT! By 2%! You should join the club of the failures. =P