Sunday, February 26, 2006

What happened at the Bomber

So basically, Allen and I were bored out of our minds. Our midterms were over and we didn't want to sit there and do nothing like we usually do. So he suggested that we should go out drinking. Lan actually wanted to come, but after the exam, she was nowhere to be seen. So after the exam that night, we actually did nothing. The next day, we all woke up late to catch up sleep that we missed from craming the whole week from cramming for the midterms. I woke up at 3pm. Anyways, time passed and it was around 9pm. We had dinner already, it was just a matter of what we were going to do for the rest of the night.

At 9, I came up with the great idea of going to Bomber since it was wednesday. I grabbed my coat and left to Allen's place. Ammon and Allen were actually in the Lounge. I told them the idea, and they were iffy. They suggested calling up Vicky, which I did. I was kind of surprised because I thought she would have went home to Toronto as soon as she could (which she usually does). Turns out she had a FYDP meeting the next day and had to stay. So we got her to convince Allen and Ammon to come. We went back to Allen's place and convinced everyone to go: Darrick and Catherine, Darren and Catherine's sister (which I still do not remember the name of. Ish. I have a bad memory okay). Initially we thought that she could still get in but not drink (as she was underage). Darrick, Catherine and Catherine's sister was still eating at that time, so we left first.

At this time, we were uncertain about whether Bomber was open or not, because it was reading week. Took the chance and walked there. So our party consisted of Darren, Ammon, Allen, Vicky and I/me (my grammar sucks. Help me out here). We left Allen's place around 10 and got there around 10:30. Turned out there was a surprise concert there. We got in, even though we had a little trouble with the IDs (Allen's license was expired). We got in, and I got the first pitcher. We sat near the band and they weren't bad. Not my usual taste of music, but their rhythm was decent, even though it was very very loud (as is with most concerts). I then realized that Catherine's sister could not come in because of the ID (or lack therof). So we tried calling them, but it was of no use; they already left. So we decided just to chill and drink a bit. Vicky, being allergic to alcohol, had cranberry juice. The rest of us drank beer. Darren was suckered into getting a shot of Tequila while Ammon went off to get a nacho platter.

After they were gone, I walked around to look around and the atmosphere was indeed different then what I was used to. There was someone from our class, but I don't remember her name, mainly because I never talk to her. I believe her name is Sara, but meh. Anyways, I did talk to Francis, because he was there since it was Bomber Wednesday. He apparently never missed one the entire term except last week during midterms. I then went back to our table where the drinking recommenced. I was dared into chugging cups, which other people also tried to do. I did finish the only chug, which is quite sad, because we're supposed to be engineers. They also said I couldn't finish a pitcher, which was around 6 cups. Allen at this time, got the second pitcher and a bottle of Corona for himself. The nacho platter also arrived and it was consumed in ernest. Darren went out to check for Darrick and Catherine, but missed them at the Cove, where he accurately guessed they were, except he was a bit too late.

Around 5 minutes later (around half a pitcher), Yan arrived, apparently called here by Darrick. He also started when the 2nd pitcher was half empty. Liang and Lawrence came and they joined us in intoxicating ourselves. They already had beers, but we gave them cups and invited them into our pitchers. They came around 11:15, where the 3rd pitcher arrived courtesy of Vicky. So we just kept drinking, and taking stupid pictures, and pretty much had fun doing nonsensical things. It was around my 8th one or so that I began to lose motor control (which did prove I could drink a pitcher). Allen at this time was already kind of out of it. Yan was totally red. Darren was semi-decent, but he had a 12 page report that was due next day at noon. I knew what I was doing, but I was kind of wobbly (every fifth step I may have slanted a bit).

When we left, it was approximately 12 oclock and Liang and Lawrence stayed. Ammon and I were holding on to Allen while Vicky and Darren was holding on to Yan. We got Yan home safely to MKV (which was around 2km away) and rested there a bit (10 minutes). Vicky gave Allen and I a drink of water, and Darren and Sangwoo helped Yan to bed (Sangwoo is Yan's suitemate). I had lost some motor control but I could at least walk in a semi-straight line. Allen, however, was held up by us. While walking home, we did stupid stuff like talking about nonsensical things, especially Allen, given his state. Ammon had called his parents, who picked him up at the SLC as we were walking home from MKV. Good thing he wasn't too drunk. He offered us a ride home, but it wasn't that far, just around a 1km walk. So we just walked home while he got shipped home by his parents.

While Darren, Vicky, Allen and I were walking home, we started to talk about stupid stuff again, like who we're interested in and what we should do, etc. This was a 10 minute walk, so it wasn't long, but it was interesting what you say when you're drunk. After getting Allen home, Darren went straight to work and Allen was helped by Darrick and Catherine. A shame that they weren't there, but they probably would have been responsible (although last time, Darrick was the drunkest). Vicky and I went home afterwards.

After I got home though, I think I sat down too fast and became very nasceous. I felt the urge to puke and went straight to the bathroom. Good thing too, most of it landed in the toilet. I cleaned up the rest. I had it good though. Apprently Yan somehow puked in his sleep and now half his bed and room smelled of half-digested nachos and beer. Its all cleaned up now though, so its all good (shocking people with good descriptions is fun). S The next day, I woke up too early, still had a headache, and went back to sleep until 3pm. It was fun though. However, something that Lan said kind of stuck up in my mind, which was that people went to these things to meet new people. I don't know though, going with friends is still fun. Will we do this again? Most definately. Now, if we actually did our work on time and ahead of schedule...

Anyways, it is time for me to sleep. I spent an hour writing this, amidst eating and drink. A good night to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Roma said...

ah ha! so darren went to bomber that nite! i knew it!! baaaad darren!!!

btw, i guess u have an ok tolerance kev :) not bad for an asian!